Placement of medical professionals
Placement of International Medical Professionals
The ever-increasing shortage of skilled workers is one of the greatest risks to health care in Germany. Various factors, such as demographic change, further exacerbate the situation. Addressing the shortage of skilled workers is therefore a top priority in the German health care system. In this context, the search for international specialists is one of the most frequently mentioned measures by those responsible in German hospitals and care facilities in order to be able to guarantee optimal health care for patients in the future as well.
This is where we come in and place vacancies in the health care sector. Due to our primary activity in specialized education, we have a large network of course participants as well as institutions of all kinds (hospitals, practices, pharmacies, care institutions, authorities, etc.). We use this network to mediate between international professionals and institutions when vacancies arise. In this way, we aim to reduce staffing problems and offer motivated professionals an opportunity in Germany.
We can offer the following job placement options:
- Permanent employment (permanent or temporary)
- Practice succession (taking over a practice as the new owner)
- Internships (during the ongoing recognition procedure, i.e. in addition to attending courses to improve language skills and to contribute professional competences).
We are in regular contact with our partners and are constantly inquiring about new vacancies. We are proud of the fact that many course participants have found their first job in Germany with our support directly after passing the technical language examination.
We accompany our participants from the first contact to the job interview to the first weeks in the new job. We are always at their side and support them with all kinds of concerns in their new working environment. Our claim is that the job placement should be an advantage for everyone involved.
For you as an institution or employer, this offers numerous advantages:
- We are first and foremost an educational institution, which means that our focus is on the learning success and lasting social integration of our course participants. We see job placement as a useful addition to our core activity, as it allows us to link two sides that are looking for each other anyway.
- Our goal is to strengthen the health system in Germany in the long term and at the same time to enable motivated professionals to integrate successfully in Germany. In this respect, we make a special effort to make our participants (professionally) linguistically competent so that they represent a real added value in their everyday work and can optimally contribute to their team.
- Our language instructors are certified experts in German for healthcare, each with specialisations in the fields of human medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or nursing. Our courses therefore not only teach general German, but specifically medical terminology. In the process, our participants are competently prepared for the demanding Fachsprachprüfung (FSP), which they must pass for professional recognition in Germany. The goal is smooth oral and written communication with colleagues, patients and relatives.
- The lessons are supplemented by specialist lecturers from the field, who often work in a managerial capacity and make their teaching correspondingly demanding. Here, everyday clinical practice is rehearsed in group work and simulations. In addition, the participants gain valuable insights beyond the language lessons (e.g. health care system, health insurance system).
- Thanks to our many years of experience and a curriculum tailored to practical needs, we competently bring our participants up to the required language level with which they can obtain professional recognition in Germany (e.g. specialist language examination for doctors of medicine) and take off as a fully-fledged team member at work.
- We reliably bring our course participants up to a high C1 language level (academic health professions) or B2 language level (health professions). The respective language level is certified by language examinations from external providers to confirm that the language competence has actually been acquired and can be applied (e.g. specialist language examination of the state chambers or telc examinations according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Our courses are financially supported by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF), the Federal Employment Agency (BA), the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS) and the Federal Ministry of the Inner Affairs (BMI). This enables us to realize adequate course durations of 6 monthsfull-time per level. In this way, we can be sure that our course participants actually reach the required language level. We do not consider hasty general language intensive courses lasting a few weeks to be effective in this demanding area.
- Most of our course participants have already practiced in their home countries and thus bring with them a level of experience that should not be underestimated. They also provide new perspectives and methods to complement established procedures, which many colleagues have already learned to appreciate.
For private individuals or employees, the job placement service is free of charge. For institutions or employers, we charge a placement fee for permanent positions or practice successions. In the case of internships, we always place people free of charge for both sides. If a permanent position is subsequently found, we charge the employer a placement fee.
Are you interested or do you have any questions? We look forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to contact us here.